Monday 27 June 2011

Materials and Textures Final

The second final, redone in 2 days.  The assignment was to create a texture page of the entire body model, then a separate texture page for the clothed model.  We had to UV everything, and most people didn't do this, but we were also expected to fit everything (minus the full body and the eye) on one texture.

The eye definitely turned out better the second time.  We had to build it from scratch, using graphics tablet and Photoshop filters.  I ended up only using a mouse with the filters and I think it ended up much better than the first one I made with the tablet.

Here's a few renders I put out this afternoon...



This is my first time rendering the eye in such high resolution, and the texture looked a lot better before bumping.  I don't know how it looks on the geo, but in Photoshop for sure looked better!

I'm not entirely sure what happened with the hair, I didn't have time to fix it.  I tried fixing it today, but everything I know that causes that has been fixed and yet it still casts the geometry shadow...

(Maya Exp: 9 Months)

No comments:

Post a Comment