Wednesday 25 May 2011

3D Modeling 1 Final

This was basically the only assignment for 3D Modeling 1.  We worked on this from week 1 to 10.  And yes, I am fully aware of the scale of this structure.  My rigging teacher sensed the 'Halo' in it right away.

note, search lights are shining on the front gate!

 Arial view of the whole main area.

 to get a good comparison for size, when standing at eye level,
the first shell in the rack is about 2 meters above you.

The check-in office.  I had to show it because it was
the first texture I did for this scene.

 I wanted to get a shot of the sunset in there, and of the little chairs
and rifles stationed at each tower.  I arranged each tower with a different story.

 On top of the main building.  Even this high up, it's hard to see,
but that red glow on the horizon is actually a massive crater.
I modeled all the way past the horizon line because of the scale of the main scene.
(there's a cockroach hidden in this scene somewhere,
I still wonder if he ever found it...)

85,000 tris total.
(Maya Exp: 6 Months)

No comments:

Post a Comment