Thursday 19 May 2011

Interior (fourth assignment [i think])

Ok!
I'ma try and not type very much as this one's got alot of renders.
image 1: though the assignment was for an interior, we start outside..!

 image 2: now inside, looking out to where we just were.  I understood bump maps, but unfortunately, not normals.

 image 3.

 image 4: to the left, the entrance to the main night club, straight, back stage.

image 5: CU of door+"employees only" sign. 

image 6:looking through the door window. 

image 7: now backstage. 

image 8: around the corner. (a curtain blocks the view out) 

image 9: the stage. 

image 10: "security camera" type view of the whole night club area.  I should take this time to mention this is a futuristic night club.

image 11: some type of wall decoration, took me forever to find something 'night club-ish' to fill that wall!

image 12: And then there's this thing...  since I was still new to this, I didn't know how much was too much, or any other way of getting good looking stuff, besides simply increasing the poly.  all in all, I think the bar area ended up being over 800,000 tris. It would look good had I been able to do more render passes.  I did a prototype of each type of glass to make sure before duplicating, but that was before lighting it, and so with the new club lights, all the nice soft glows I had became giant, blinding flares.

image 13: I think this was supposed to be the shot of the window... maybe...  or maybe showing that I actually modeled the underside of the bar too...

image 14: showing where the white spots on the walls are coming from... THE DISCO BALL..!..  say, why is it called disco?  that sounds like a board game involving some sort of 'disc' gimmick... I'll let you imagine that...

image 15: I'm thinking maybe there's a connection to the broken Holograph stool and the many futuristic shot glasses on the bar.  During the Basic 3D Concepts class, my friends kept asking me how I can spend so much extra time on my projects, and looking back, I really don't know.  I guess I just didn't have constant homework like I do now...
(Maya Exp: I think 5 weeks..?  I don't remember if this was a 2 week project or more(or less).  I'll just go with 5 weeks total)

No comments:

Post a Comment